The main event - the World Championships - will consist of a 5-round open tournament. Rounds 1 to 3 will consist of two 2-player matches per table per round in a round robin format. The top 9 players with the most wins (and then the highest aggregate scores) will advance to rounds 4 to 5. Rounds 4 to 5 will consist of 3-player games in a knock-out format. Rounds 4 and 5 will be 'first player to win 2 games' matches. Winner of round 5 wins the World Championships.
The day will be packed full of more fun activities than you can pack into a barrel full of monkeys, including:
- Trophies, awards and prizes including thousands of dollars of prize money
- Crowning of the Viewpoint World Champion and Player of the Year
- Stalls from some of your favourite game stores including Mega Games and Good Games
- Play-testing of upcoming games
- Viewpoint State of Origin – New South Wales vs. Queensland
- Massive Multiplayer game of Viewpoint
- Art competition and a chance to get your artwork in future games
So be sure to hone your Viewpoint skills and improve your standing in the Player of the Year race by playing in lead-up tournaments throughout Australia and beyond. Everyone who wins a lead-up tournament will receive free entry into the Viewpoint World Championships. If you are unable to attend a lead-up tournament you can register on the day of the championships or pre-register at participating stores.
Stay tuned for more details on the Viewpoint World Championships 2010 and other lead-up events, such as the NSW and QLD Viewpoint State Championships, or contact 93 Made Games for more information.